- iVOC developer aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the guidelines on the Information Commissioners website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
- The data controller, Data Protection Officer and the information governance (IG) lead is Dr M Almuzian.
- The categories and examples of data iVOC processes are:
- Personal data for the purposes of providing treatment plans, recall appointments, reminders or estimates
- Personal data such as details of family members for the provision of health care to children or for emergency contact details
- Personal data for the purposes to inform you of important announcements or about new treatments or services
- The data controller never pass patients details to a third parties unless have a contract for them to process data on patients behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential.
- Personal data obtained when a patient joins iVOC are stored in digital copy format. For full details or where your data is stored, please ask to see Information Governance Procedures (M 217C).
- The retention period for the records is a 3 years, the dental practitioners are expected to download all records on their practice management software. (Please read Record Retention (M 215) procedure).
- The data controller has carried out a Privacy Impact Assessment (M 217Q) and you can request a copy from the details below (Please read Security Risk Assessment (M 217M) and Information Governance Procedures (M 217C).
For any comments, suggestions and complaints, please contact the IG Lead (76 St Johns Road, Corstorphine, Edinburgh, EH12 8AT, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 00447901740382). If you are unhappy with their response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)/ 00443031231113. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone whose misused personal data.
Copyright © Interactive Virtual Online Communication, 2021, All rights reserved